CBSE Grade 10, ICSE Grade 9
What do Euclid, 12-year-old Einstein, and American President James Garfield have in common? They all came up with elegant proofs for the famous Pythagorean theorem, one of the most fundamental rules of geometry and the basis for practical applications like constructing stable buildings and triangulating GPS coordinates. Betty Fei details these three famous proofs.
Students will be able to…
- know the Pythagorean Theorem.
- use the Pythagorean Theorem to find side lengths of right triangles.
- use the Pythagorean Theorem to find areas of right triangles.
- apply the Pythagorean Theorem to find the perimeter and area of triangles on a grid.
Suggested Teaching Method
- Show Video
- Set Expectations
- Exercise to elicit thinking
- Discussion with briefing