CBSE Grade 10, ICSE Grade 9
We all know the words around electricity — âcharge,â âpositive,â âbatteryâ and more. But where do they come from and what do they really mean? Let the history of these words illuminate the physics of electric phenomena.
Students will be able to…
- Relate the flow of electrons to current.
- Correlate the flow of water with the flow of electricity in a system.
- Explain that static electricity is the buildup of a charge (either net positive or net negative) over a surface.
- Compare and contrast two forms of electricityâcurrent and static.
- Name a few engineering careers that involve electricity.
Suggested Teaching Method
- Show Video
- Set Expectations
- Exercise to elicit thinking
- Discussion with briefing